How Microsoft sends out Windows 10 to the masses is still a mystery. Or is it?
Hey guys, I am happy & amazed to see that I have reached a milestone of 100 posts in this blog of mine 🙂 Feeling crazy! So I thought let this post be quite informative. These are the podcast I listen too and you should too!
Podcast List at random:
Getting Cortana in India
So all around the Internet (or at least in the Windows Phone world) people are saying,
If you want Cortana outside of US, change your region to US.
This video suggest the same, and it also has a background audio which was used in the commercials for the Apple iPhone, how ironic.
I had other ideas, I thought of something else that works for now. I had an idea that Cortana might work if you keep your region unchanged as India and you just change all the language settings into US, at least the Bing services works that way now.
But nope, you have to set everything to US to use Cortana. No other way, no other workaround. But we din’t stop there, I tested what I endorse as an alternative idea, but found that it didn’t work that way. They are right, you only can get Cortana if you fully choose US in everything. No playing cheaters with Microsoft 😦
Sorry if that video kind of turned out to be bad, filmed with a phone while i was trying out things, no script.
And here is a list of things that are coming with the Windows Phone 8.1, for you. You may or may not have seen this already, if you have seen some points already, fine. If something is new to you, viola! A new leak 🙂
- Show your caller id to all/no one/contacts
- You can use apps for video calling (sadly no operator video calls via front cam)
- Speed Dial (swipe left when in the call history)
- The frequently used emoji’s is now represented with a heart symbol
- Data Sense savings in IE – Off/Standard/High/Automatic
- Reading View (with custom font sizes and background colors)
- Ability to ask or even automatically remember passwords
- Session from PC IE comes under the other pane, when you press tabs in WP IE
- iCloud support, rejoice Apple users
- You can view your download history now right from the phone without having to go into the windowsphone.ccom’s purchase history
- App updates can be done automatically, with an option to only use WiFi for the task
- Manually check for app updates within the Store app
- Music app has a new headset flash screen
- Features music, just like featured apps
- New calender views, with the ability to show weather based on location
- Battery saver, Music, Videos, storage Sense and FM Radio now shows up in the app list, but cannot be uninstalled
- New Camera UI/View Finder
- Select upto 5 shortcuts to see in the viewfinder
- Delete burst mode captures after specified periods of time
- You can turn on or off, tap to capture a photo
- Podcasts app, again you cannot uninstall it
- App Deals can be presented via toasts by the Wallet app
- Batch uninstall apps / batch move them to SD
- Show More titles in the start screen, background image for the start screen tiles
- Action Center, with custom notifications, even if the phone is locked
- Auto reconnect WiFi along with WiFi sense
- Under SIM settings, you can select from Global/LTE/GSM/UMTS/CDMA depending upon your hardware and carrier
- Workplace accounts to use your personal phone as your BYOD work phone
- Battery Saver shows the battery usage statics on per app basis
- Connect to a projector via USB
- Quite Hours, which only works if you have Cortana enabled
- Advertising ID for Microsoft Targeted advertising
- You can now hide the location indicator icon
- GeoFence Monitor
- USB data connection, and the ability to notify if your charger/charging source sucks
- Swipe keyboard, auto emotion suggestion with options to disable them
- Narrator mode to read aloud, with an option to quickly toggle it on/off via “Vol Up + Start”
- Zoom on web contents, even if the web page doesn’t want you doing so
- Custom fonts & colors in the browser (Style, Effects, Color, Transparency – in Background/Window/Font)
- Navigation bar color customization if your hardware doesn’t have a physical capacitative front keys
- And Off Course, Cortana
- Improved Maps integration in the OS level
- You can choose from which time frame you can retrieve messages, previously all of your messaging history will be restored flooding your phone, unless you have deleted them via Outlook in web
- You can now hide the porn images you have saved in your phone from appearing in your start screen, can shuffle images or can make the OS display images in the start screen tile in a row
- Camera inbuilt is renamed into Microsoft Camera
- Revamped Store.
This post originally appeared in NokiaTips, written by the same author i.e, Le Me 🙂
To activate voicemail in Airtel dial *321*671#
Confirm the activation in the follow up request by sending 1
Dial 52555 and press 9
Now dial 1 followed by 7 to record your message
Confirm it by saving, you’ll be asked to do it.
Press 5 to hear the current recording, 7 to record a new message, and 9 to go back to main menu of voicemail
Now after setting the message for your voicemail and coming back to the main menu by pressing 9 in the previous stage, you can now press 2 to change your language, 3 to change your mailbox name (which is for your private use, voicemail box name won’t be available to the caller) and 4 to set a password to access the voicemail (in order to prevent others from using the voicemail who have access to your phone. Say for instance your friends)
And you have successfully set voicemail for your Airtel, from now onwards if you’re unreachable or if you do not answer a call, your caller will be directed to the voicemail.
To hear the voicemail’s you have received, dial 52555 and enter the 4 digit numerical password you have previously set.
Voicemail is a free service unless you are in roaming, which in case you are, dial +919840011999 instead of 52555.
Guess this is the first online resource regarding this issue, if you’re gonna copy the info above please do source this original article back 😊
Posted from WordPress for Windows Phone
Google Now is a great thing for searching, i am not stating the part that allowing Google to spy on your life and to search tailor made, ads tailor made. I am just saying the ability to say something like Okay Jarvis, and to say the search phrase. I hope this comes with Cortana. There is one thing that bugs me like hell.
Windows Phone 8 tracks your location every 30 minutes. But why? why oh why you have to randomly track me and waste my battery too in the process when i have no use from it. Even if we say that is used to swiftly provide apps with your last recent location, which doesn’t make sense anyway, because i can be somewhere else inbetween two 30 minute location reading and when an app requires location data, my current location at that time alone is used and the 30 minute once taken reading is of no use, like NO USE AT ALL.
Meanwhile take Google Now’s inbuilt Pedometer it tracks location similar to what Windows Phone does, but it gives us a report where we can see where we have been lately. Its quite useful afterall. All i want is a similar service from Microsoft otherwise do not check for location every 30 minute and waste my battery.
The above image is a Google Now Pedometer card, it makes use of the location data it periodically collects! But Windows Phone doesn’t do that, then what is the use of it? Helping NSA to track me once every 30 minutes? No, stop helping NSA and instead help me, thank you.
Meanwhile i was playing with my Windows Phone & Google 😀
And hey i need a physical Windows Phone logo, either it be a windows phone logo or a miniature lumia model itself. People always place mini droid bots when they do reviews, i want to have a windows stuff there!